ALL PROCESSES ARE PREFORMED PER IDEA-1010-B & AS6081 STANDARDS
Documentation & Packaging
Detailed External Inspection (NON-DESTRUCTIVE)
- Exterior/Interior packaging, mfg labels,bar-codes
- Identical lot,batch,run,ID info
- Digital Photo/microscope documentation
- Measurement of product per mfg data sheet
- detailed lead inspection / condition - corrosion- residue - solder dip - BGA damage
- # of terminations per part
- Verify pin 1 placement (orientation is consistent)
- Verify T&R or tubes/trays are mfg or third party, verify all packing is per specifications
- Inspect T&R for any tape damage (spliced tape, crushed pockets, any physical damage)
- Verify any MSL packing requirement
Part Marking Permanency Test (DESTRUCTIVE)
- Dynasolve 185
- Dynasolve 750
- 1-Methyl 2- Pyrrolidinone Solvent
- Scrape test per IDEA-STD-1010-B section 10.3.2.3 for signs of blacktopping
X-RAY Analysis (NON-DESTRUCTIVE)
Ability to reveal wire bond issues, inconsistency of construction of internal pads, wire bonding patterns, die size.
Decapsulation & Die Analysis (DESTRUCTIVE)
Nisene JetEtch Pro system removes the mold package using specified recipes allowing for die exposure to verify markings. Whenever possible we always are using a known good to run a comparable against.
Blank Check (NON-DESTRUCTIVE)
Assurance there is no program present on programmable parts.
ALL OF TIER 1 PLUS
XRF Lead Chemical Composition (NON-DESTRUCTIVE)
RoHS compliance, lead content in solder platings, overall elemental spectral analysis & plating thickness.
ALL OF TIER 1 & 2 PLUS
Electrical (by request at any level)
Always outsourced using customer specified labs or our approved 17025 lab partners.
CSAM ACOUSTIC MICROSCOPY INSPECTION (NON-DESTRUCTIVE)
Through the use of ultra-high frequency ultrasound, AMI non-destructively finds and characterizes physical defects—such as cracks, voids, delaminations and porosity— that occur during manufacturing, environmental testing or even under normal component operation. Because of the unique aspects of the technology, AMI can locate these defects better than any other inspection method.
FULL DOCUMENTATION SUPPLIED WITH EACH SHIPMENT